So, you bought a lot of donuts, more than you could eat, and, now, you’re stuck with them. They’ll probably go to waste – that’s what you’re thinking. It saddens you to even think of throwing away good donuts in the trash because, once they get cold, they don’t taste as fresh. So, can you reheat donuts?
What if we told you that donuts can be reheated? Is that a smile we see because you see a glimmer of hope that your donuts can be saved from doom? If yes, learn how to reheat donuts without losing their taste and freshness to the cold.
Steps to Store the Donuts
Before you can reheat donuts, you need to store them properly. Otherwise, they’ll lose their flavor. Follow these steps to store them:
- Freeze the donuts if you don’t plan to have them within one to two days of buying them.
- Store them at 18 degrees Fahrenheit or less.
- Wrap each donut individually, put them into an airtight container, or seal them in a freezer bag.
- Put the donut in the freezer, storing them up to 6 months.
Time to Reheat Donuts
You would think that reheating the donuts would be some complex process because the point is to retain their freshness after reheating them. However, it’s the opposite if you follow our directions to reheat donuts to the tee.
Unlike with other desserts, you don’t have to wait for the donuts to thaw or defrost. You can take them out of the freezer and reheat them. If the donuts have become cold in their box, you can take them out to reheat them at room temperature.
There are two ways to reheat donuts. You can reheat them in your microwave or oven. If you need to reheat one donut, use the microwave. If you need to reheat more than one donut, use the oven.
Steps to Reheat Donuts in the Microwave
Follow these steps to reheat them in the microwave:
- Remove donuts from the package and put them in a microwave-safe plate.
- Put parchment paper or paper towel under the donut if you want, but you don’t need to.
- Microwave one donut for 8 seconds, two donuts for 12 seconds, and four donuts for 20 seconds.
*The number of minutes you need to microwave your donut depends on the wattage of your microwave, but you can use the numbers given as a guideline.
Steps to Reheat Donuts in the Oven
Follow these steps to reheat them in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a cookie sheet, put a piece of parchment paper to reduce mess.
- Space the donuts on the cookie sheet. Since they won’t expand, as they’re already cooked, it’s okay if they touch each other.
- Heat the oven for about two to five minutes or until the donuts are warm. Don’t overheat the donuts, as it’ll cause them to dry out.
*The oven method takes longer than the microwave method, but at the end of the day, it all depends on your preference.
Go and buy a dozen or even two dozen donuts to store in your freezer to reheat them later.