Smoking the chicken is an excellent way of enhancing the flavor of the white meat. This classic dish is a favorite for many occasions. The smoking process extends the life of the meat, which means you can make more and freeze for later meals. But can the freshness and moistness of the meat be maintained when you reheat smoked chicken?
When you know the proper way of reheating smoked chicken, you can still enjoy the same delicious taste you experienced in the first meal.
Reheat Smoked Chicken In the Oven
Here are the steps to follow:
- Start by preheating the oven to 325°F.
- Take a baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil.
- Put the chicken right in the middle of the sheet.
- Lightly brush the entire chicken with olive oil.
- Wrap it with the sides of the aluminum foil tightly.
- Put the chicken inside the over.
- Let it reheat till the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Carefully take it out of the oven, unwrap and enjoy!
Reheat In the Microwave
To reheat the chicken in a microwave, follow these steps:
- Put the chicken in a microwave-safe dish or plate. Don’t use cottage cheese, margarine, or yogurt containers as this might start a fire or melt the container.
- If reheating slices or pieces of chicken, be sure to put the meatiest and largest one on the outside of the plate and small pieces in the center.
- Brush your chicken in any sauces you want or lightly coat it with oil or coating mixture.
- Cover a microwave-safe wrap over the container.
- Place the chicken in the microwave and let it heat for two to three minutes.
- Turn the pieces to the other side and reheat for another two to three minutes.
The smoked chicken is ready to be devoured.
Reheat On the Stovetop
You can also reheat the smoked chicken on the stovetop, here is how:
- Take a skillet or pan and drizzle it with oil or butter. Be sure to set the heat on medium.
- Once the oil warms up, place the chicken in the pan.
- Be sure to stir the chicken, so it evenly warms up frequently.
- Cook until the chicken is properly reheated.
Serve hot with preferred sides.
Freshly cooked smoked chicken is most certainly delicious and moist, reheating it the wrong way can diminish its crispiness, resulting in a dry and tough texture. Therefore, be sure to follow one of these methods to maintain its tender goodness and crisp texture. Reheated smoked chicken tastes just as good with rice, fries, vegetables, or in a sandwich!