Bagels are a tasty treat that is loved by many. Unfortunately, they don’t stay fresh for a long time. If you leave them out for more than a day, they will turn into hard hockey pucks that cannot be consumed. But don’t worry, if you store them properly, you can reheat bagels. Below, we will show you how to store a bagel and how to reheat bagels.
How to Store Bagels
You might not be able to consume all the bagels at once. Since you can heat the bagels again, you don’t have to throw the leftover bagels away. Just store them and reheat them when you have to eat them again. Freezer is your best friend when it comes to storing bagels. Freeze the leftover bagels before they have a chance to go stale so that you can reheat them later and enjoy these tasty treats.
How to Reheat Bagels
1. Use the Oven
You can use the oven to revive stale bagels. Follow the instructions below to reheat bagels in the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the bagels on a baking sheet and sprinkle some water on them. Make sure not to soak the bagels – a gentle drizzle should do the trick
- Allow the bagels to sit in the oven for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Take them out and see if they look noticeable puffer. If not, heat them for another minute and they should be ready to be devoured
- Eat them fresh out of the oven or top them with your choice of schmear
2. Reheat Bagels in a Microwave
Microwave can also be used for reheating bagels. Here’s how to reheat bagels in a microwave.
- Slice the bagels in half and place them on a microwave-safe plate or dish with the cut sides facing upwards
- You can add some butter, cheese or any other topping to up the flavor
- Set the microwave on the lowest setting and allow the bagels to heat for a minute or two
- The bagels should come out bakery fresh and beautiful. If they are still a little frozen, heat for another minute and they should be ready.
- Enjoy your bagels
Bagels are very delicious treats which is why no one would want to throw them away. With these methods, you can reheat frozen bagels and enjoy them like new ones. We hope everything discussed above is clear. If not, let us know and we will do our best to help you out.