A cheesesteak is a delicious dish that is loved by many. If you love it too, you might order it for lunch or dinner. It feels great to eat a cheesesteak that comes piping hot off the grill but sometimes you might not be able to devour it all in one sitting or you might order extra for the other day. But, do you know how to reheat a cheesesteak properly?
This is perfectly alright. What would you do with all the leftover steak? Will it be able to live up to its freshly-made brethren if you store it in the fridge and reheat it later? Well, it will if you reheat it right.
Many people don’t know how to reheat a cheesesteak properly. For them, we have created this guide that will show the right way of reheating a cheese steak. So let’s see how you can reheat a cheesesteak so that it doesn’t lose its flavor.
How to Reheat a Cheesesteak in the Oven
Oven is your best friend when it comes to reheating a cheesesteak. You should be able to reheat your leftover cheesesteak properly if you follow our instructions. Below are the steps to follow when reheating a cheesesteak in the oven.
- Take out the ice-cold cheesesteak from your refrigerator. Wrap it in foil.
- Take a tray and put aluminum foil on top of it. Place the wrapped cheesesteak on top of the tray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the tray with the cheesesteak in the center of the oven
- Allow the cheesesteak to heat for about 25 minutes
- Put on the oven mitts and take the tray out of the oven
- Take a thermometer and check the internal temperature of the cheesesteak. Place the thermometer at the center of the cheesesteak to record its temperature. The thermometer should read between 140 and 150.
- If the cheesesteak has reached the right temperature, it means that your cheesesteak is hot enough to consume.
- Allow the cheesesteak to sit about 3 to 5 minutes and then remove the wrapping. Now your dish is ready to be eaten
- Enjoy the juicy and tasty cheesesteak
Avoid reheating cheesesteak in the microwave and only use the oven because microwave can affect the flavor of the cheesesteak or even burn it. We hope you now understand how to reheat a cheesesteak properly. If you have any questions or in case something is unclear about the reheating process, feel free to reach out to us.