Do you know how to reheat apple pie properly?
The aroma of freshly baked apple pie can take you back to some of your favorite dinners as a child. The gooey apple filling with a crisp pastry to wash down with giant scoops of vanilla ice cream beats any comfort food.
Apple pie is a known and loved dessert all over America. The feeling of sinking your teeth into this warm delight is second to none. The mere scent of an apple pie being heated can excite your palate. However, like all good things, apple pie comes with a price. When you bake a whole dish, you will likely have some leftover for the coming days but serving cold apple pie is blasphemous, as bakers can testify!
In light of this, you can always warm up the pie to serve as good as new. Here are a few tips that will teach you how to reheat apple pie in two simple ways.
Reheat Apple Pie in the Oven
Since these delicious pies are baked in the oven, it only makes sense to reheat it in the oven as well. This retains its taste and ensures that the pastry does not become soggy. Biting into warm pastry with cold filling inside can ruin the whole taste of this homey dessert. However, when reheated correctly, ovens can help you solve this problem!
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F
- Meanwhile, take out the apple pie from the refrigerator
- Place it into the oven for about 15-30 minutes until it is warmed through. This will depend on the size of the pie left
- Keep checking the pie as you do not want to leave it for so long that the crust burns
Take the pie out, now ready to serve!
Reheat in the Microwave
Since reheating food repeatedly is not advised, you can cut out the number of slices you want to consume and reheat them quickly with the help of a microwave.
- Place slice/s of apple pie in a microwave safe dish
- Place it in the microwave and let it sit for 30 seconds
- Check if the apple filling is heated through
- If not, insert the apple pie and reheat at 10 second intervals to ensure it is warmed
Devour the delicious dessert just as it was freshly baked!
Easy enough, right? However, at times, we make an apple pie and store it in the freezer to serve it on a special occasion. Let’s look at how you can effectively reheat frozen apple pie to retain its moisture.
Reheating Frozen Apple Pie in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the frozen apple pie on a baking sheet
- Cover this with aluminum foil so the pie remains moist and the crust does not burn
- Place the pie in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until it is heated through.
Serve it hot with vanilla ice cream!
While microwaves reheat apple pies faster, an oven will ensure you do not render the crust soggy and chewy.