Is it even possible to reheat fried egg? Most of us have wondered this, but haven’t attempted it. We can fry a fresh egg each day, so why the need to even reheat one? If you eat them every day as part of a diet or you just love a good old fashioned fried egg but don’t have the time to fry them each day due to other commitments, cook in bulk, freeze, and reheat. Whether you’re curious about how to reheat fried egg or want to know so you can later, we present our guide to reheating fried eggs.
How to Make a Fried Egg Over Hard?
- Supplies: Non-stick frying pan, oil or butter, a non-stick spatula, and of course, eggs
- Heat your frying pan over medium heat, heating the oil or butter in a non-stick frying pan
- Crack all the eggs, one by one, into a bowl and then pour them, one at a time, into the non-stick frying pan while ensuring you keep them separated.
- Add pepper or salt to taste.
- Continue to cook the eggs in the non-stick frying pan without touching or stirring them. A sign of cooked eggs is when the egg white starts to set, and the edges start to curl. It should around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gently flip the fried eggs, allowing them to cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes until the yolk completely cooks.
- Flip back the fried eggs and serve.
*For cooking Sunnyside up, over medium, or over-easy fried eggs, you cook them for fewer minutes and don’t flip them.
How to Store?
If you don’t plan to eat them straight away, but reheat them, learn to store them properly. You can freeze or refrigerate them. Here’s how to store them:
- Pack each fried egg individually using either a paper towel or a plastic wrap.
- Put them into an airtight container or a sealing bag.
- Place them into the fridge for up to 5 days. Alternatively, you can freeze them for up to 4 months.
How to Reheat Fried Egg?
Did you know you can eat your fried eggs cold if you want to? If eating them cold doesn’t sound appetizing, reheat them in the microwave or skillet if you want. Reheating fried eggs can cause them to become rubbery, which is why following the proper reheating method is important. Follow these steps:
- Use a paper towel to wrap or cover the fried eggs to maintain its texture.
- Put them on a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave the fried eggs in intervals of 30 seconds. For those who like their fried eggs extremely hot, microwave them for about 2 minutes.
If you prefer to heat them on a stove, follow these steps:
- Add a small amount of butter or oil in a pan over medium heat
- Add the fried egg, heating it for around 2 minutes
- You don’t have to flip the fried egg
- Overheating the fried egg can cause it to lose its flavor, so be careful
Fry eggs, freeze them, and reheat them to save time!