Chicken pot pie is the kind of dish that evokes memories of your mom’s kitchen. The flaky and super light pastry encompassing your choice of chicken filling is what makes the dish stand out. When served hot, every bite is worth salivating over. But, what if you have leftovers? How do you reheat chicken pot pie?
Chicken pot pie, as the name suggests, is a whole pot of food that is almost impossible to finish in one sitting, especially if you’re alone. Since this delicious dish requires quite a bit of effort to make, it is convenient to store it and reheat it to consume the coming day. However, most people believe that reheated pot pie can never taste as good. While we agreed, a few tricks on how to reheat pot pie perfectly changed our minds!
How to Reheat Chicken Pot Pie?
Now you can store your leftover pot pie without the fear that reheating the dish would turn the pastry soggy while the filling would remain cold. Follow our simple methods to get the best results and savor this meal to your heart’s content each time.
Reheat Chicken Pot Pie in the Oven
This is by far the best method to reheat pot pie. With added tips, you can ensure that the heat is evenly distributed throughout the pie. While the crust tends to over bake, covering it with aluminum foil will prevent that from happening. An oven works best for dishes that you want to remain moist when reheated.
What you Need
- Ovenproof dish
- Oven mitts
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
- Now place the chicken pot pie in an ovenproof dish and cover the edges with aluminum foil to prevent the crust from burning till the rest of the dish is warmed through
- Let the chicken pot pie heat in the oven for 15 minutes
- Now rotate and heat for an additional 15 minutes or until the chicken pot pie is heated through
Remember, a total of 15 to 20 minutes is enough for a small pot pie while a larger one requires an additional 10 to 15 minutes
- With the help of oven mitts, remove the aluminum foil, and serve the chicken pot pie!
Consume hot and crisp!
Reheat in the Microwave
Since this method is quicker, you can even use the microwave to heat your chicken pot pie. However, ensure you follow our method of how to reheat chicken pot pie to get the best results possible.
What you Need
- Microwave-safe plate
- If you are pressed with time, you can reheat the pot pie in the microwave, but it is best to heat individual slices rather than the whole pie to avoid it from getting soggy
- Use a knife to cut as many slices as you want and place them on the microwave safe plate. This will also ensure the filling receives more heat from either side of each slice
- Heat each slice for 2-3 minutes each
Remove and enjoy it!