You may think that leftover biscuits can never have the same taste as when they were fresh out of the oven. Well we’re pleased to inform you that you are wrong. With leftovers, all you need to do is learn how to properly store and reheat biscuits, and it is possible to enjoy leftovers the next day, or even months later as if they were made fresh.
How to Store?
It is actually quite easy to store leftover biscuits to preserve their best taste while reheating. All you have to do is throw them in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag before either refrigerating or freezing them, depending on how long you plan on storing them.
Properly stored, they will last up to 3 days in the fridge without losing their taste or quality. Whereas in the freezer, these biscuits can last up to 2 to 3 months. Although they may remain safe to eat indefinitely if consistently kept at zero degrees, the quality will start to deteriorate after 3 months.
How to Reheat Biscuits?
There are several methods to reheat biscuits, depending on your convenience. Just pay attention to the timing, as overheating can end up drying them out and make them tough to bite.
Remember to allow frozen biscuits ample time to defrost before you plan on reheating them.
The Microwave Method
The microwave is the most convenient method to reheat just about anything. But when it comes to biscuits, it also produces the best results.
- Wrap the biscuits in a damp paper towel
- Put the biscuit in a microwave-safe plate or container
- Place the dish in the microwave and heat on medium to high for about 20 seconds
- Check to ensure they are warm enough. If not, continue reheating on 10 second intervals
- Remove from the microwave and serve
The Oven Method
This method will require a little extra effort, but it is worth the time and patience.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper
- Place the biscuits on the dish
- Put the dish in the oven and reheat for about 5 to 7 minutes
- Add some butter to the biscuits and heat another minute
- Remove from the oven and serve.
The Stovetop Method
If you can’t or don’t want to use the microwave or the oven, you can use the stovetop to get great results.
- Pick a pan that is big enough for the number of biscuits you need to reheat
- Place it on the stove on a medium heat. Let it preheat for a few minutes
- Wrap the biscuits in an aluminum foil. The foil will prevent them from burning
- You can also brush the biscuits with butter or olive oil before wrapping for added moisture
- Place the biscuits on the pan
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid
- Heat them for a minute or two, while flipping them over halfway through
- Check to see if the biscuits are warm enough, and heat for another 30 seconds if they aren’t
- Remove from the foil and serve.
It is as simple as that. Learn these simple methods, and you will never have to throw leftover biscuits ever again.