It’s hard to believe that you can end up with leftover beignets, but sometimes it happens. So you wonder if you can reheat those pockets of fried dough to have them at a later date.
The answer is yes, you can reheat beignets.
Although beignets are best when they are prepared fresh, and reheating them would strip away a little bit of their texture, when you don’t have an option you can opt for the following methods to reheat beignets.
How to Store Leftover Beignets
Just like most baked goods, it is best to store leftover beignets in an airtight container on room temperature. You can add a piece of bread to the container to prevent the beignets from drying out. They will stay good for up to 4 to 5 days if you expose them to air as less as possible. Preferably store beignets before they are dusted, as these will produce better results while reheating.
It is best to consume them within this time frame, but you can expand their shelf life by up to 10 days by storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. But remember that this will alter their texture a bit.
How to Reheat Beignets
There are two ways you can opt for to reheat beignets:
This method will reheat beignets while preserving their texture as best as possible, since they were originally baked to begin with. It will take longer, but it will reheat everything evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper.
- Place the beignets on the dish and put them in the oven.
- Allow them to heat for up to 5 minutes.
- Check to see if they are warmed up to the desired temperature. If not give them a few additional minutes.
- When heated properly, remove them from the oven and serve.
Bread tends to get soggy in the microwave, so there is no way to retain the texture of beignets by using this method. It just wouldn’t work. But if you are in a hurry but want warm beignets and are ready to compromise on the texture a little, then the microwave can come in handy.
- Place the beignets on a microwave-safe dish or container.
- Put the dish in the oven on medium heat.
- Allow them to heat for about 30 seconds.
- Check to see if heated properly. If not, continue heating them in 20 second intervals until they reach the desired temperature.
- Take them out of the microwave and serve.
Beignets can also just be enjoyed at room temperature, so you don’t necessarily need to reheat them. Refrigerated beignets can be left on the table for half an hour to come back to a suitable temperature.
But if you really want to warm them up and add a little freshness to your leftover beignets, then you can opt for the above methods. Also remember that beignets can only be reheated once before they start to dry out. So only reheat the amount you know you are going to consume immediately.