You baked more than one smoked turkey, and now, you’re wondering what you should do with the second one. Have you thought about putting it in the fridge and then reheating it later? Are you wondering if the taste of the smoked turkey will remain the same?
There is good news…
Yes, it will remain the same if you know how to reheat the smoked turkey correctly.
We’ll share how to reheat a whole smoked turkey, and since we’re on the topic, we’ll also tell you about to reheat a sliced smoked turkey.
Reheat a Whole Smoked Turkey in the Oven
If you had put the smoked turkey in the freezer, put it in the fridge to thaw it.
Thawing the frozen smoked turkey on the kitchen counter at room temperature will expose it to bacteria and cause the meat to spoil.
Since you’re thawing it in the fridge, thaw it a day before, as the process will take time.
Even though you can reheat a frozen smoked turkey, you’re not only making reheating the turkey more difficult, but you’re also compromising on the taste, flavor, and freshness.
Therefore, it’s better to do it a day before. Let’s start!
Follow these steps to reheat a whole smoked turkey in the oven:
- Preheat the oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the thawed smoked turkey in the pan.
- Place the breast against the bottom of the baking dish.
- Apply cooking spray and then use aluminum foil to cover the turkey. Using the aluminum foil preserves the turkey’s moisture and tenderness.
- Put the baking dish into the oven.
- The time it takes to reheat a smoked turkey depends on its weight. If your turkey weighs around 2 pounds, reheat the turkey for 10 minutes.
- Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the smoked turkey. If the thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, remove the smoked turkey from the oven to prevent it from over-drying and overheating.
- Let the smoked turkey cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before you eat it. Leaving it on the counter for a few minutes allows it to absorb the rest of the juice in the baking dish.
- As promised, let’s tell you how to reheat sliced smoked turkey.
Reheat Sliced Smoked Turkey
Follow these steps to reheat sliced smoked turkey:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the smoked turkey slices on a roasting pan. Don’t place them on top of each other, as that will cause the outside part of the slices to become overcooked, leaving the center cold.
- Use aluminum foil to cover the smoked turkey slices.
- Put the roasting pan into the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Use a spatula to transfer the smoked turkey slices onto a serving dish.
Whether you have a whole smoked turkey or sliced smoked turkey, you can reheat both using these reheating methods. Now that you know how to reheat a whole smoked turkey, enjoy this royal meal any time.