Buying or baking a loaf of bread means there will definitely be some leftover unless you are having a dinner party. While you can still keep it in your pantry for a day or too, you will have to place it in the freezer or refrigerator to prevent it from getting stale. But, how do you reheat bread in the microwave without letting the bread dry out?
Reheating bread, especially in a microwave, is not easy as it can lead to unappetizing results due to dryness. All is not lost. There are ways you can reheat the bread the right way in a microwave.
How to Reheat Bread in Microwave
Reheating bread in a microwave is not one of the popular choices to warm it up as it tends to turn dry or spongy. However, you can’t heat up an entire over for a small bread basket, can you? Reheating it in a microwave can easily work if you know the right way.
There are two methods you can try:
- Start by adding 3 tablespoons of water in a bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and warm it up for a minute.
- Next, layer microwave safe plate with double paper towel and put the bread on top.
- Take another layer of the paper towel and slightly dampen it with water.
- Cover the top of your bread loosely with the dampened paper towel. In case you are thawing the bread or reheating only one slice of bread, you can use just one paper towel layer.
- Put the bread in the microwave with the preheated water.
- Let it warm for 10 seconds.
- Take it out and flip the bread. Make sure to cover the bread with the dampened paper towel.
- Heat for another 10 seconds.
If you had frozen the bread, then repeat these steps one more time to make sure the bread is thoroughly warmed up.
This method is for the microwave that comes with micro steam function. Here is how you can reheat bread using that function:
- Put the bread on top of a double paper towel later on a microwave safe plate.
- Select the micro steam option 300W and heat it for 20 seconds.
- Flip the bread and let it heat for another 20 seconds.
Serve the warm bread with dinner.
Tips to Properly Reheat Bread
Here are a few tips to reheat bread the right way:
- Make sure to lightly moisten the bread by using a dampened kitchen or paper towel. Place it directly on top of the bread.
- Keep the heat on low to medium, and don’t heat it for more than a minute as the bread will turn tough.
- Remember, you don’t want to eat too hot bread as it will become too chewy. You only have to make sure the bread is warmed all the way through. Keeping it covered and moist will make sure it stays fresh.
There you have it, the right way to reheat your bread in a microwave. Layer some jam or butter on it or add it as an appetizer with the dinner.