Corned beef is a delicious hearty meat that many people love to enjoy for lunch or dinner. There are times when you make too much of it and are left with some corned beef after everyone is done eating, but how to reheat corned beef properly?
You can store the leftover corned beef in the fridge and reheat it when you have to eat it again later. If you don’t know how to reheat corned beef properly, you are at the right place because we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to do it right.
Tips for Reheating Corned Beef
You can refrigerate corn beef for a maximum for four days or store it in the freezer for three months.
Cooked meat dishes can be left in the freezer for up to six months or refrigerated for a maximum of four days. Reheating corned beef is easy, and you should be able to do it properly if you follow our instructions to a T.
1. Using the Stockpot
Follow these instructions to reheat your leftover corned beef in the stockpot.
- Fill a stock pot with about 2/3 of water. Start heating the water and when it boils, take the stockpot off the stove
- Slice your corned beef before heating it so that it easily heats evenly from within. Place the corned beef on a cutting mat and then cut it into thick slices
- Place the sliced pieces of corned beef into a cooking bag, squeeze out the air and seal the bag using the plastic twist tie
- Put the bag into the boiled water so that the meat is completely covered with hot water
- Cover the stockpot and allow the corned beef to heat for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Uncover the stockpot and take the bag out of the water. Take the sliced pieces of corned beef out of the bag and eat them while they are still warm.
2. Using the Oven
The second option is the oven. Here’s how to reheat corned beef in the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fill an oven-friendly pan with corned beef and reheat it for about 5 minutes
- Check the internal temperature of the corned beef. If it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it means that your corned beef is ready
- Take it out of the oven and enjoy
Reheating corned beef isn’t hard if you know what you are doing. Avoid using the microwave to reheat corned beef because heating it in the microwave will make the corned beef lose its flavor. It could also burn due to excessive heat.
We hope you find the information provided above helpful and continue to enjoy your corned beef!