Cornbread can be enjoyed at any time of the day – be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The flavor is sweet, and its airy and soft texture makes cornbread the perfect partner for cheese, macaroni, chili, soup, and stew. But do you know how to reheat cornbread?
Whether you enjoy cornbread as a snack or eat it with a meal, it is delicious. No matter how much you like cornbread, there will always be times when you make too much of it. This is where knowing how to reheat cornbread comes in handy because you will be able to enjoy leftover cornbread on another day. Below we have shared some methods of reheating cornbread.
Different Ways of How to Reheat Cornbread
1. Using the Oven to Heat Cornbread
When it comes to reheating cornbread, using the oven is the best option. Follow these instructions to reheat cornbread in the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cover the cornbread with aluminum foil to ensure that it heats evenly
- Allow the cornbread to heat for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Take the cornbread out and apply some butter on top of it to add some delicious flavor
- Now enjoy
2. Using the Microwave to Heat Cornbread
If you don’t have an oven at your house, or for some reason don’t want to use it to reheat the leftover cornbread, then the second option is using the microwave. Here’s how to reheat cornbread in a microwave.
- Place the cornbread in a microwave-friendly dish or plate and cover it with another dish or plate
- Set the timer to about 30 to 60 seconds
- Take the cornbread out and check if it is hot enough to eat. If not, set it to heat for another 20 seconds
- The cornbread is ready now. Apply some butter on top or enjoy it raw
3. Reheating Cornbread on the Stovetop
The third option is to reheat cornbread using the stovetop. This method is super easy. Here are the instructions:
- Apply some butter, coconut oil, or vegetable oil on the skillet
- Set the burner on medium-low heat to ensure that the bottom of the cornbread doesn’t burn
- Keep flipping the cornbread so that it heats evenly from all sides
- After two to three minutes, your cornbread should be ready
So there you have it. We have discussed three methods of reheating cornbread. Armed with this information, you will be able to reheat your leftover cornbread without burning it. If you have any questions or if something is unclear, hit us up and we will get back to you as soon as possible.