Quiche is delicious, easy-to-make, and filling. Whether you are hosting a brunch or want to prepare a breakfast feast just for your family, quiche is a must-have item on a fancy weekend or holiday breakfast. Since a quiche can easily be stored and reheated, you can also make it ahead of time and can also store the leftover pie for the next day. To make sure your leftover quiche tastes just as good after two days as it did the first time, you need to store it properly and learn how to reheat a quiche the right way.
To help you maintain the flaky crust and the creamy goodness of eggs and cheese, here we are presenting the right ways to store and reheat a quiche.
How to Store a Quiche to Preserve Taste and Texture?
- If the quiche is hot, let it sit on the kitchen counter, uncovered, until it is completely cooled down.
- Cover the quiche with plastic wrap, sealing it properly with it. You can also cut it down into single serving-size pieces if you plan to consume it in batches.
- Now cover it with aluminum foil and put it in the refrigerator, if you plan to consume it the next day, or freezer if you want to eat it after a few days.
How to Reheat a Quiche?
There are different ways to reheat a quiche. But, if you want your quiche to smell and taste like it is fresh out the oven, put it back there to reheat. Using an oven is the best way to warm up a leftover quiche since it maintains its texture and flavor. This reheating method works for all types of quiches.
Reheating a Quiche in an Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unwrap the quiche, removing both the foil and plastic wrapping, and place it on a baking dish. Now cover it loosely with the aluminum foil again.
- Place it in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the quiche stand on the counter for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take off the aluminum foil and enjoy!
Ideally, you should thaw your frozen quiche in the refrigerator for a few hours before reheating. If you are putting it in the oven right out of the freezer, increase the time to 30 to 35 minutes.
Reheat Quiche in an Oven Toaster
This method of reheating quiche is not known and used much, but works well. However, you need to be a little careful and keep an eye on your quiche while it is in the toaster to make sure it doesn’t get burned.
Here’s how to reheat a quiche in an oven toaster:
- Bring the stored quiche to room temperature by unwrapping and leaving it on the kitchen counter for a while.
- Set the temperature of the toaster oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pop the quiche into the oven and toast until it is heated through. The heating time of quiche varies significantly because there is a huge variety of toaster ovens available, and they work differently. Therefore, you will need to check it after every few minutes to make sure it’s not burning.
While you can also reheat a quiche in a microwave, it is not the best way and is only recommended when you don’t have any other reheating option. Reheating in an oven or a toaster oven takes longer, but they are far better options.