Do you know how to reheat a donut?
A box of donuts is a treat as delicious as any. While we usually prefer to devour these sweets fresh, it is practically impossible to stop yourself from purchasing, or cooking, anything less than a whole batch. This leaves leftovers of this scrumptious treat to consume the next morning with a steaming cup of coffee.
However, do donuts taste the same when reheated? The thought of soiled donuts is enough to put you off, right? At the same time, when reheated properly, a warm, gooey donut is enough to titillate all your taste buds! If you are an avid donut fat, find out how to reheat a donut to near perfection.
Donuts, whether fresh or stored, taste much better when warmed. Your taste buds detect the sweetness of foods better when they are somewhere between room temperature and body temperature.
This allows you to keep donuts covered on the counter for about 2-3 days and in the fridge for a whole week! Once tucked in the refrigerator, donuts tend to harden and will only retain their original texture when heated.
Ways to Reheat a Donut
So how do you reheat a donut that it remains warm, fresh, and tasty even after being reheated?
Reheat in a Microwave
The best way to reheat a donut is in the microwave, for it leaves you with gooey donuts in just a few seconds! Let’s go over the simple steps.
What you Need
- Microwave-safe plate
- Paper towel
- Place the donut or donuts on a damp paper towel
- Now put this on a microwave-safe plate and place it in the microwave
- Depending on the type of donut you have, begin by heating the donuts for 10 seconds. If you have glazed donuts, ensure the topping does not slide off.
- Reheat the donut at 5 second intervals until the donut reaches the degree of warmth you require
Take out the donuts, now ready to consume!
Note: Please ensure you do not overheat the donut as baked goods tend to toughen if heated for too long.
Reheat in an Oven
The oven is a better method to reheat donuts that are plain or filled. Since the donuts will spend a few minutes in the oven, the iced donuts might lose their topping. As a result, it is advised you use the microwave for iced donuts and the oven for filled ones to ensure the entire donut receives equal heat.
What you Need
- Aluminum foil
- Oven Mitts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Wrap the donut/s in aluminum foil
- Let the donuts heat in the oven for 3-5 minutes, depending on their size
- Touch the donuts to see if they are heated through
- Use oven mitts to take out the donuts and remove the hot aluminum foil
Consume hot and fresh!
Reheating donuts is simple and takes just a few minutes. Instead of throwing leftover donuts, now you can quickly warm them up to enjoy this tasty treat for days to come!