Do you know how to properly reheat beef wellington?
Beef wellington is quite a unique dish to eat. You may not come across many other dishes that are comparable to the preparation method or even the taste of beef wellington. Although it can be tweaked and variated to suit different taste buds, the ultimate results always remain similar.
It is also very filling, since it is a large dish. You are more likely to end up with leftovers. Being such a unique dish, it can be a little tricky to reheat beef wellington. But the truth is that it isn’t as hard as most people seem to think.
Read on to learn how you can reheat beef wellington without much hassle.
How to Store?
Storing is the first step to reheating. If you don’t store your leftovers properly, you will never be able to reheat them to their optimal taste.
Before storing beef wellington, it is ideal that you slice it into thinner pieces. This will allow you to reheat it more evenly when the time comes. Then wrap it in an airtight container or heavy-duty plastic.
This will last in the fridge for up to 4 days, whereas you can freeze them for around 3 months before their quality starts to deter.
How to Reheat Beef Wellington?
It can be a slight challenge to reheat beef wellington, so make sure you follow the methods properly and keep an eye on the food so you don’t end up with soggy crusts on unevenly heated meat. Remember that you only need to reheat them, so make sure you don’t end up cooking them more.
The Oven Method
This is the most recommended method, as it heats everything evenly and gives you the best results.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the beef wellington on the baking sheet
- Put the beef wellington in the oven
- Heat it in the oven for around 12 to 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven when heated through and serve immediately.
* if heating frozen beef wellington, start with a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit and warm for 15 minutes before turning the temperature to 250 degrees. Follow the rest of the steps same as above.
The Microwave Method
If using the microwave, it is best to heat one slice at a time.
- Place the beef wellington slice on a microwave-safe dish
- Put the dish in the microwave
- Heat at medium power for one minute
- Flip it over, and heat for another minute
- If it isn’t heated through, heat at 30 second intervals while flipping until done
- Remove from the microwave and serve.
As stated before, it can be tricky to reheat beef wellington. But with a little practice and following the above methods properly, you will learn to do so in no time.