Do you know how to properly reheat cinnamon rolls?
Whether you want a nice side to go along with your morning coffee, or a delicious dessert that isn’t too heavy on the sweetness, cinnamon rolls are the perfect choice.
But nobody wants to wake up 4 hours early to prepare a whole batch of cinnamon rolls to have one slice for breakfast.
Cinnamon rolls are fairly easy to make. But the problem is that you can only make them in large batches if you want great results.
The solution is to easily reheat cinnamon rolls. So all you have to do is bake a large batch over the weekend, and reheat a slice or two whenever you feel like it.
How to Store?
Cinnamon rolls can stay good at room temperature for up to three days without drying out. The key is to store them in an airtight container, and expose them to as little air as possible.
For longer storage, you can move them to the fridge for up to a week.
If you think you won’t be consuming them within a week, then you should probably freeze them. Wrap each slice of cinnamon roll in a different foil, and place them in a freezer bag or an airtight container. These will stay good in the freezer for up to 4 months.
How to Reheat Cinnamon Rolls?
While reheating cinnamon rolls, you want to preserve their moisture. So make sure you don’t over heat them, as you run the risk of drying them out.
If you are only reheating one or two rolls, then microwave is the way to go.
- Place the cinnamon roll on a microwave-safe dish or container.
- Spread butter on the bread part of the roll, slightly ignoring the icing parts.
- Place them in the microwave on medium setting.
- Let them heat for 1 minute. Give an extra minute to frozen rolls.
- Check to see if they are heated properly. Heat in 30 second intervals until it reaches desired temperature.
- Remove from the microwave and serve.
If you have a larger batch of cinnamon rolls and a little extra time on your hands, oven is the better option.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the cinnamon rolls on a baking sheet.
- Cover it with aluminum foil.
- Allow the rolls to heat for about 10 minutes. Give an extra 5 minutes to frozen cinnamon rolls.
- Check to see if the rolls are warm enough. Bigger rolls may take extra time.
- Remove when reached desired temperature and serve immediately.
A pan may not be the first thing to come to your mind when reheating food, but it actually works pretty good in warming cinnamon rolls.
- Place a pan on the stove on medium low flame.
- Let it preheat for a couple of seconds.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in the pan and close the lid.
- Let them heat for about 10 minutes.
- Check to see if heated properly. Give extra time if not, but keep an eye on the rolls to prevent them from burning.
- Remove from the pan and serve.
Learning to reheat cinnamon rolls is something everyone should do. It is very easy, and will allow you to enjoy cinnamon rolls anytime you want.