Chicken pot pies are the epitome of a comfort food. They are creamy, buttery, hearty and all around perfect. But, how do you reheat a chicken pot pie?
The only thing that can make you turn away from a bowl of chicken pot pie is when they turn cold. Because he warmth is what makes them so good to begin with, right?
So learn how to properly store or reheat a chicken pot pie, so you never have to face a cold bowl that could end up in a soggy mess.
How to Store?
Freshly baked chicken pot pie will last in the fridge for about 3 to 5 days without going bad or losing their quality. All you have to do is cover it with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and put the fridge.
Yes, chicken pot pie can be frozen without spoiling its texture. You just have to make sure you wrap it tightly with either aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap so it is airtight before placing it in the freezer. Properly stored, it will stay good in the freezer for 4 to 6 months. It will remain safe to eat even after this time, but the quality will begin to be compromised.
How to Reheat a Chicken Pot Pie?
1. Oven Method
This is the best method you can use to reheat a chicken pot pie:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil. This will prevent it from drying out.
- Bake it for about 30 minutes, depending on how hot you like your chicken pot pie.
- Check on it midway through. If the crust hasn’t started to turn golden yet, turn the heat upto 375 degrees.
- After this point, make sure to keep an eye on the pie and check it every 10 minutes.
- As you notice the inside of the pie start to bubble, remove it from the oven and serve.
2. Microwave Method
This method is better to heat smaller servings of chicken pot pie. So if you have a large serving, but cannot use the oven, cut the pie into smaller slices before heating it in a microwave, and do one at a time.
- Put the slice of the chicken pot pie on a microwave-safe dish.
- Place the dish in the microwave and turn it on high.
- Heat it for about 2 minutes.
- Check to see if it has heated through. If not, heat it for another minute.
- Remove from the microwave and serve.
There you have it – a piping hot bowl of chicken pot pie that you can enjoy anytime you want.