Churros are a scrumptious Spanish dessert, now enjoyed and consumed all over the world. These pieces of fried dough taste best when fresh and crisp and lightly coated with cinnamon sugar. When dipped in your choice of chocolate or caramel, every bite is heavenly.
Since the batter is quite heavy, it is almost impossible to consume numerous churros all at once. This leaves us with leftover churros to consume the next day. However, once refrigerated, churros would harden and become cold, the antithesis of how this dessert is meant to be consumed. To avoid wasting this delicious treat, we will enlighten you how to reheat churros so that they remain crisp and crunchy-just the way we know and love them!
How to Store Churros?
Churros become chewy as they become older. If you are unable to consume these fried goodies when fresh, you have the option of storing them. However, in order to ensure that the churros are reheated to near perfection the next day, pack them in an airtight container to keep them in the refrigerator for a maximum of 2 days.
How to Reheat Churros?
While it is no surprise that reheating churros is a tad bit difficult, there are ways to achieve the goal. Like all fried foods, not knowing how to reheat churros properly can render them soggy and rubbery. Let’s find out the ideal way to reheat this yummy treat.
Reheat Churros in the Microwave
While the oven is preferred, the microwave helps to reheat churros quickly. Here’s how you can ensure the final product comes out good.
What you Need
- Microwave safe plate
- Paper towel
- Keep the churros on a microwave safe plate
- Cover the plate with a paper towel to lock in the moisture
- Now keep this plate in the microwave and let it heat for 1 minute for 2 churros and about 2 minutes for around 4 churros.
- Remove the plate and quickly remove the paper towels to avoid them sticking to the churros
Reheat Churros in the Oven
This is the best method to reheat churros so they do not turn soggy. Just ensure the churros do not over bake and harden.
What you Need
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
- Now place the churros on a baking sheet and cover this with aluminum foil in order to avoid the churros from becoming too crisp
- Place the churros on the middle rack in the oven
- Let them heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until warm
Take them out, crisp to eat with your choice of dips!
While the majority seems to follow the notion that churros have a ridiculously short life span and are meant to be consumed the moment they are fried, we beg to differ. With the right reheating methods, you can prevent or at least try to avoid churros from becoming chewy. Try these methods so see how they work for you!