Burrito is one of the tastiest foods ever created. However, it is very likely to lose its appeal if it is not reheated properly. But do you know how to reheat a burrito?
Reheating a burrito can be a bit difficult as the dish is made using a flour tortilla wrapped into a cylinder that houses various ingredients. To help you properly reheat, we have created this guide that provides easy-to-understand instructions on how to reheat a burrito.
Best Ways on How to Reheat a Burrito
1. How to Reheat Using a Stove
Many people don’t know that a burrito can be reheated on the stove. If you reheat your burrito on the stove, you might be able to preserve its flavor and get a crispy outcome. To reheat your burrito on the stove, follow these instructions:
- Put a skillet on the stove and sprinkle some oil on it. Preheat it for 3 minutes
- Unwrap your burrito and then place it in the skillet
- Make sure that the heat is set to medium
- Press the burrito gently into the skillet with the help of a spatula
- Cover the burrito with a lid and allow it to heat for 4 to 5 minutes
- Flip the burrito and heat the other side for the same amount of time
- Take the burrito out of the skillet and place it in a plate. Now enjoy your reheated burrito
2. Reheating a Burrito in an Oven
If the stove and skillet aren’t your thing, you can use the kitchen oven to reheat the burrito. Reheating the burrito in the oven would allow you to maintain the perfect crisp while ensuring that the Mexican dish doesn’t burn. Here’s how to reheat a burrito in an oven.
- Preheat your oven to 225°F
- Wrap your burrito in an aluminum foil to ensure that it heats evenly from all sides
- Put the burrito in the oven and allow it to heat for 30 minutes
- Take the burrito out. It should be warm enough to eat now
3. Using a Microwave to Reheat a Burrito
If the other two methods don’t suit you, then just simply reheat in the microwave. This is the simplest and easiest method and you should be able to use it reheat your burrito without negatively affecting its quality. Follow the instructions below to reheat in the microwave.
- Take your burrito out of the fridge and place it on a microwave-safe plate
- Sprinkle a small amount of water on the burrito to moisten the tortilla
- Set the timer of the microwave to 1 minute and select the highest setting
- After one minute, flip the burrito and do the same for the other side
- Use the burrito and see if it is hot enough to eat. If not, heat for another minute
With these three methods, you should be able to reheat your leftover burrito and enjoy it. Feel free to ask us any questions you have about reheating a burrito.