Mouthwatering no matter what you couple them with, crepes are a delicious way to start your mornings, or even to end your days as yummy post-dinner dessert treats! But the question is, can you reheat crepes?
Crepes are actually just as delicate to cook, as they are to look (we love crepes and rhymes!). Therefore, it is advisable to cook a large batch in one go so as not to repeat the process every time you’re in the mood for some perfectly cooked crepes.
You can store them in your freezer and later reheat crepes – you won’t even be able to tell the difference. Let’s all thank the French for this scrumptious invention, shall we?
How to Store Crepes
You will only be able to reheat crepes well if you first store them well. You want to keep each crepe separated from the next using parchment paper. You can then wrap them in a plastic sheet and freeze in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Alternatively, if you want to store crepes for a couple of months, wrap them in aluminum foil instead of plastic.
Some people actually store crepes for 3 days in the refrigerator, or 2 months in the freezer using whatever means they want to store them including just placing them in airtight containers, and we haven’t heard them complain.
How to Reheat Crepes
Ideally, thaw before you reheat crepes. You don’t want all your efforts to go to waste just because you tore your crepes while separating them.
Once you’ve thawed them for a few hours, you’re ready to reheat crepes! …Okay, not quite. Maybe we got too excited.
You’ll need to different items depending on which way you’re choosing to reheat crepes.
Reheat in the Oven
For those committed to give your crepes the time they deserve, follow these steps to reheat crepes in the oven:
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°F
- Lay out a baking sheet and grease it with a light coat of non-stick cooking spray, or with butter
- Stack your crepes in the middle of the baking sheet
- Use aluminum foil to cover the sheet (folded around the edges)
- Put the sheet in the center rack in the oven
- Reheat crepes for around 6 minutes
- Check to ensure the crepes are heating through by removing the foil and checking the centers
- If the crepes in the middle aren’t hot, divide your stack of crepes in half
- Bake for another 4-6 minutes
Reheat in the Microwave
- Use a microwave-safe plate to place crepe on
- Reheat crepe on ‘high’ for approximately 20 seconds
- Turn it over and reheat crepe for an additional 10 seconds
- In case it isn’t evenly hot, continue to microwave for 10 seconds until heated
Reheat Crepes on the Stove
- Place a non-stick skillet on your stove on medium heat
- Use non-stick cooking spray or butter to gently brush the skillet
- Reheat one side of your crepes for 30-60 seconds
- Carefully use a spatula to flip crepe over to heat the other side for another 30 seconds
Have your reheated crepes with bananas, strawberries, whipped cream, or chocolate sauce – just make sure you enjoy every bite to its fullest!