Samurai Salmon Bowl with Wasabi Dressing
This combo of salmon, nori, avocado and zippy wasabi will have you leaping into action like a Japanese war lord. Dine and conquer!From Feeding the Young Athlete by Cynthia Lair (Readers to Eaters, 2012)Dressing1/4 cup sesame oil
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
3-4 teaspoons prepared wasabi 1 pound fresh sockeye salmon
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1 cucumber, sliced thinly
2 ripe avocados, sliced
1/2 of daikon root, grated (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 sheet of nori, cut into thin strips
1. Put ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend or place in a bowl and use immersion blender to emulsify.
2. Place salmon in shallow pan. Remove any pin bones with needle nose pliers. Pour 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the salmon and allow it to marinate for 1/2 -1 hour.
3. Prep the cucumber, avocado, daikon and nori. Place each in a separate bowl.
4. To toast sesame seeds, place in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until they change color and become fragrant. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
5. Set oven to 400 degrees F. In an ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron), add a tablespoons or so of high heat vegetable oil that can take high heat and set it on high. When the pan is nice and hot, place the salmon in it.
6. Sear it for one minute on each side, and then place it in the oven for 6 minutes. If you filet is thicker than an inch it may take a minute or two more to cook through.
7. Finally, the fun part: putting together your bowl. Place a nice bed of rice in the bottom. Divide the cooked salmon into one inch strips and place 2-3 strips in each bowl. Arrange cucumber, avocado, daikon and nori around the salmon. Top all with a few tablespoons of dressing and toasted sesame seeds.
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes excluding marinating time
301 Moved Permanently http://piotrsycz.pl - Show more!
August 26, 2017, 4:28 pm
OLOPLAST - Producent sztachet plastikowych do ogrodze http://www.sztachetki-plastikowe.pl - Click here!
September 6, 2017, 1:17 pm