CONTEST CLOSED! HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS OUT THERE!
We are awfully proud to once again feature one of our local chocolatiers in this week’s giveaway: THEO CHOCOLATES.
One can drop by their smallish factory in the Fremont neighborhood and they are arms wide open. The friendly, local attribute is only the surface of the confection. Dive into the center to discover the sweet politically-correct heart of of the company. Theo Chocolate is dedicated to
- Using only pure ingredients that are grown sustainably. We source our ingredients locally whenever possible.
- Partnering with our growers by ensuring they earn a living wage and have access to education for their families.
- Honoring and respecting our employees and suppliers. This is possible due to the unique fact that we control every step of our own manufacturing process.
- Using green energy sources to power our factory.
- Using sustainable packaging and printing methods.
- Educating about social and environmental accountability 7 days a week through public tours of our artisan factory.
This Mother’s Day CONGO collection is part of their new partnership with Ben Affleck and the Eastern Congo Initiative (ECI) to help Congolese farmers cultivate a brighter future. A portion of proceeds from these boxes and their new Congo bars will be donated to ECI, with the potential to positively impact more than 20,000 people living in Eastern Congo.
They have high standards at Theo. And the flavor of their products stands up as tall as their mission. Continue reading